So, you need to sell your junk car for cash. Many of us have been there before. Whether it’s your first time selling a junk car or you’ve become as seasoned veteran, we would like to offer up some free advice that can save you time and make you money. We have over 20 years experience buying and selling junk cars. There are many factors that come into play to determine how much your vehicle is worth, and we’d like to share them with you. Knowledge is power, and these few tips can increase your profit when selling your car.
Who are we?… We are the junk car buyers. We own and operate Auto Recycling Denver LLC, In Denver, Colorado. We have experience working in the junk car business for over 20 years and have learned a thing or two about junking cars. We would like to educate you on what we’ve found to make the most significant difference in how we payout cars. We will probably be thrown-out of the Junk Car Buyers of America Association ( There is actual Junk Car Buyers of America Association… It’s a joke!) for sharing these tips with you, but it’s a risk we are willing to take.
So, you might be asking yourself, what is my old car worth? Good question! Though there is Kelly Blue Book on Junk Cars, we’ve developed a simple way to calculate what we will pay for your car. The items below all factor into our Junk Car buying formula:
- Make and Model – Highly coveted models such as Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Nissan typically fetch more cash than most American brands. Trucks, Vans, and SUV’s are also paid better than smaller cars. We can only do so much for a small compact car.
- Wheel and Tires – If you have aluminum wheels we are willing to pay out more. New tires are also a good selling point, if they show signs for low wear. We can pay up to $100 more if the wheels are aluminum and tires are new.
- Title and Paperwork – Having a clean title showing you are the owner makes our job faster, saving us money. We gladly pass that along to the customer. We still buy cars without titles it makes for more paperwork, so we typically but the offer down when it’s the case.
- Condition and Damage – If the car is in great shape we can pay more. If it has all the windows, no collision damage, and has been well maintained we offer more money.
- Logistics – Lastly but not least, How far we have to drive to pick-up your car also plays a factor in how much we can pay you. If you are in the Denver Metro area we offer free pick-up service, but anything outside of that we might have to pay less due to time and mileage.
All-in-all, the fact of the matter is your car has most likely seen it’s last day’s. Our hope is that these tips help you make more money, even if it’s just a few extra dollars. Every Penny counts, considering you will most likely be searching for a new car. If you are in the Denver Metro Area, Don’t forget to give us a call. We can make you an offer over the phone, and it might be higher than you expected.