What Is A Salvaged Car?
There is no one single definition of a salvaged car, but in general, it is a vehicle that has been involved in a major accident or natural disaster. In some states, a car can have a salvage title if it is stolen and never recovered. Buyers are generally extremely cautious of salvaged cars due to their less-than-ideal past. However, junk car buyers are always looking for salvaged cars.
How does a car become salvaged?
The most common reasons for a car to become salvaged include:
- Vehicle was involved in a catastrophic accident
- Vehicle has flooding damage
- Vehicle was damaged by fire
- Vehicle has parts missing that makes it unsafe to operate
- Vehicle was returned under a warranty
- Vehicle has experienced extreme damage
Major accidents and natural disasters, such as floods or hurricanes, can cause a car to gain the title of salvaged. In cases of major accidents, insurance companies may declare the wrecked vehicle as a total loss, however, the owner may choose to keep it. In this situation, the car will receive a salvaged title. There may not be significant damage to an older vehicle, yet insurance companies will consider any damage as the end of life for it. A new car can receive the title of salvaged if it has been involved in a major accident. The insurance company may determine that repairing the car is not worthwhile. Even if the car is repaired without the help of insurance, it will still be considered a salvaged car with a salvaged title.
Flooding and Salvaged Cars
The most common natural disaster that will cause a car to become salvaged is flooding. Flooding tends to cause a lot of damage to the electronic and mechanical parts of the vehicle. Therefore, the salvaged car may look fine on the outside but is unsafe to drive.
It is important to note that the majority of the time you cannot drive salvage titled cars on the drive, secure financing for them, or get them insured. Due to this, most people choose to sell salvaged cars to auto salvage yards.
Should You Buy A Vehicle with a Salvaged Title?
While it may be tempting to purchased a salvaged vehicle for cheap, the risks may outweigh the benefits. Some of these risks include:
- Unable to find financing for the car. It will be very hard to find a bank or private entity to finance a car with a salvaged title. Therefore, you will likely need to buy the car without the financial assistance.
- Low value for trade in. If you plan to trade in the vehicle for another one in the future do not be surprised if the value of the car is much lower than expected. Because the car likely has many issues, auto dealerships may be reluctant to pay anything for a salvaged vehicle.
- Insurance may not cover damage to the vehicle. In most cases insurance providers will refuse to pay out a lot of money for salvaged vehicles. Some providers may not pay any money. This is because the vehicle does not hold much value in the first place.
- Unknown history of the car. In many cases, buyers of salvaged vehicles will get a brief overview of what the car has gone through. However, the exact details probably will not be provided. The unknowns of the vehicle may make some people hesitant to drive it.
Purchasing a salvaged car or truck is a personal choice, however it is clear to see why most choose to get rid of or sell them.
How to Sell A Salvaged Vehicle
Salvaging a car is never a fun experience. It can be very time consuming and downright frustrating. At Auto Recycling Denver we do our best to minimize the hassle of selling your unwanted vehicle. We understand that your time is very valuable and that salvaging a vehicle does not rank too high on your top 10 favorite things to do. We have been doing this a very long time and we would like to share a few simple tips to save you time when salvaging your car, truck, van, or SUV.
- Call Around – There are so many companies that buy Junk Cars in Denver, that it’s a smart move to call around to find a reputable company and the best payout. There are many companies that specialize in a certain brand of vehicle and will pay out a higher amount for a particular vehicle, it’s just of matter of finding them. Some companies will pay up to $200-$300 more they specialize in your car’s brand. So don’t say yes to the first company that you talk to.
- Clean Out Your Car – Make sure to clean out your car before the tow truck gets to your car. It might seem silly but many we find valuable things inside cars that people totally forgot about, including Jewelry, Money, Computers, and Tablets. It also makes the process faster! There’s very little paperwork involved when junking a vehicle. We are often left waiting for people cleaning out their cars at the last minute as we are eager to load up the vehicle onto the tow truck.
- Come Prepared with Paperwork – Bring all the proper documentation to prove that you are the lawful owner of the vehicle or state on your initial call with the company what paperwork you do have and they will have a better idea of what forms to bring with them. Here are some good documents to have on hand: Clean Vehicle Title, Drivers License, Registration. We can still buy a vehicle even if you don’t have a title, but can still prove you are the owner.
- Be Detailed – If you are meeting a tow driver somewhere be very clear and descriptive about the vehicle location and what it looks like. Many times we meet customers at parking lots and there are 10 red Hondas parked near each other, and we don’t know which car belongs to you. So be descriptive tell us your vehicle Make, Model, Color, and License plate number. Again, just another silly thing that can help us ensure we are looking at the right vehicle and quoting you the right amount.
- Negotiate If Possible – We are in the junk car buying business for a reason, and we like making deals. If you just had something replaced on the vehicle, many times we can pay a little extra for it. But, we need to know, and if you don’t ask for it, we most likely won’t pay you extra.
Why Choose Auto Recycling Denver For You Salvaged Vehicle?
We Buy Junk Cars
Auto Recycling Denver offers auto recycling services in your area. Get paid Cash Today. We buy cars in any condition, with or without a title! Free Towing Included! We help you sell your junk car fast! We make it easy and convenient by coming to you. We’ll offer you top dollar and tow away your vehicle absolutely free of charge! We are open 7 days a week so call us today!
We Pay Cash For Junk Cars!
Giving you cash for cars is our top priority. We can tow junk cars that don’t work, so don’t worry about the condition of your vehicle. If you prefer, we’ll meet you at our location where we pay cash for cars. Turn an unsightly problem into a night on the town, a vehicle upgrade, or home improvement projects. Auto Recycling Denver is your number one auto salvage business. We salvage all types of vehicles through our pay and tow away service.
Fast and Convenient Service!
We’ll make simple arrangements to help you sell your junk car right away. We can tow junk cars that don’t work, so don’t stress over the state of your heap of garbage. It doesn’t have to run for us to want it. If you’d rather drop it off to us, come to our location where we pay top dollar for junk cars. Transform an unattractive issue into a night on the town, a vehicle overhaul, or home repairs. In fact, maybe it’s time for a vacation, don’t you think?
Auto Recycling Denver – We Buy Junk Cars
5501 Tejon St.
Denver, CO 80221
Tel. (720) 541-9407