How To Sell A Junk Car
You’ve been meaning to fix the unwanted car that has been parked in your driveway for six months. The time has finally come to sell the junk car and free up the space. So, how do you sell a junk car? Here are five tips from professional junk car buyers.
Find all your documents
- Before you are able to sell your junk car you must prove that you actually own it. Most junk car companies (at least the ones that are reputable) will not buy your car without the title. If you don’t actually own the car, for example if you are borrowing it from a friend or family member, you have to obtain the title from the owner. Other documents you may not need, but should have on hand just in case, is your ID.
Do your own research
- To be an educated seller it is important that you do your own research about your car before you contact a buyer. A good resource is Kelly Blue Book. You can enter information about your junk car in to the site and learn more about its current value. Unfortunately, some shady junk car buyers may try and take advantage of uneducated buyers. Arm yourself with as much information as possible to give yourself the best shot at getting a good deal for your junk car.
Call around for prices
- Once you have done some research and feel like you have enough information about your junk car it is time to call your local junk car buyers. Calling multiple buyers for prices is a great way to ensure you get the most money for your vehicle. If you’ve done enough research you will have a good idea what a fair price is. Don’t get swindled by low-paying junk car buyers.
Clean the car out
- Although it may seem trivial, cleaning out your car is an important step in preparing to sell to a junk car buyer. Start by going through all of the different compartments of the car including the cup holders and dashboard. You may find things in there you have forgotten about! It is also a good idea to go through the trunk and between the cracks of the seats. By thoroughly cleaning out your car you will be positive you haven’t left anything behind that you want to keep! If possible, clean out trash and other debris from the car. Making an effort to make the car look clean, even if it is a junk car, may help you get some more cash simply because it looks nice.
Choose a reliable company
- After you have taken care of the steps above, it is finally time to pick your junk car buyer. As with any situation where you are considering doing business with a person or company, it is important to do your research! Some things to consider include:
- Reviews. Does the junk car buyer have good reviews overall?
- Ask around to other people who have sold junk cars for recommendations
- Check out their website. Does it look professional and legitimate? If so, you are probably working with professional junk car buyers.
Once you decide on the perfect company for you it is time to say goodbye to your car. Believe it or not many people actually have a hard time saying goodbye, even if it is a junk car.