Recycle Junk Cars
When it comes to getting rid of a junk car, many people are not sure how to dispose of it. Unfortunately, a lot of junk cars end up in landfills. But there is a better option! Recycling a junk car is the ideal way to get rid of it in a responsible, environmentally friendly way!
- Junk Cars are Full of Recyclable Materials
- Nearly every part of a junk car can be recycled. For example, tires, windshield wiper glass, iron, steel, radiators, transmissions, and much more can be recycled. In fact, according to this site, nearly 90 percent of a car can be recycled! That is a huge amount of material that could be reused rather than sitting in a landfill for hundreds of years! Additionally, many landfills no longer accept cars due to the toxic materials inside of them. Check out this site for a list of items that are not accepted in many landfills.
- Junk Car Recycling is Better for the Environment
- If a junk car is taken to a landfill directly, it will likely have all of its fluids still inside. For example, gas, windshield wiper fluid, anti-freeze, and more. If these liquids leak out of the junk car they may seep into the ground. This can cause pollution in the soil. Additionally, as these toxic liquids evaporate, they pollute the air and add to an already growing pollution problem.
- Car Recycling Builds Roads
- One of the most common parts of a junk car that is recycled are the tires. Tires can be repurposed in many different ways! The rubber can be used as garden mulch, in place of gravel, and even to build roads! Asphalt that contains pieces of rubber is becoming more and more common for road construction. Other uses of recycled rubber include:
- Artificial turf
- Landscaping material
- Play mats for children
- Some floors
- Recycling Junk Cars can be Profitable
- While it is not recommended to make a living on recycling junk cars, selling it can put some extra cash in the bank. Many junk car buyers will pay cash on the spot for an unwanted car. The amount that a seller makes depends on factors such as the condition of the vehicle, the age of the vehicle, and so on. However, a profit of $50 is not a bad deal to get rid of an unwanted car!
- Junk Cars are Easy to Recycle
- It is actually harder to throw away an old car than it is to recycle one! There are many companies that will buy junk cars and have them recycled in a responsible way. It is important to choose a reliable junk car buyer to ensure a fair offer. It is a good idea to check out the reviews on a company before selling a vehicle to them!
Auto Recycling Denver – We Buy Junk Cars
5501 Tejon St.
Denver, CO 80221